It's been too long since I've felt the pull of a large brown trout and with the feeling that I have fished my local water to death; It was time to get on bigger water. With my last experience in the eastern Sierra ending bitter sweet, I decided to search for solitude among the giant trees of the west slope. My love for the sierra Nevada all began on the west side and it was calling me back, and for good reason. The fishing gods smiled upon me this past weekend and blessed me with some fine trout, breathtaking scenery, and complete solitude. And all trout were taken on dry flies. Life couldn't be better.
The Fish
 |
| Nice paint job. |
The River
 |
| Simply breathtaking. |
 |
| Erika working a section of the river. She connected with a strong willed rainbow. |
 |
| Golden Stonefly |
In the end, I returned to civilization in complete bliss. However, good memories on the river were haunted me and calling me back. The 486 Sage Z-Axis came alive on this river, everything about it seemed like it was at home. It cut through the wind like a katana blade and gently placed dry flies sixty feet away with laser precision. The fight of the trout transferred through the blank beautifully and had enough brawn to muscle a 18" brown trout away from log jams. It is simply a great rod and it is now my favorite fly rod for general trout fishing on medium sized rivers.
No comments:
Post a Comment