Grand Canyon NP, AZ
March
The journey to the Grand Canyon was memorable in many ways. The hike down blew my knee out and our hike out was in a impeding arctic storm. I'll never forget getting snowed in at the Grand Canyon and fly fishing in a place so surreal. This is definitely ranked amongst my favorite trout destinations.
Little Truckee River, CA
May
Truckee River, NV
May
Erika out fished me here. I was flat out skunked on the Truckee River on both the CA and NV side. This may be her largest trout so far on a fly. It was priceless to see her hook and land the fish all on her own.
Kings Canyon NP, CA
June
There are no words to describe the beauty of this canyon and the river. The river takes on multiple characteristics throughout the canyon. Deep pocket water for nymphing and riffles, runs and pools for dry flies. Rainbow trout and Brown trout are the only two species I have caught here. And for some reason, all these fish fight tooth and nail. I've never fought trout so powerful inch for inch.
Upper Kern River, CA
September
Backpacking into the upper Kern river with Tuck and Joseph led us to one of the most productive days I've ever had fly fishing. The nymph fishing was ridiculously good all day. Foam hoppers were also extremely effective. These native Kern River Rainbows fight as wild as they look.
Upper Owens River, CA
December
Determination and willingness to brave the cold will bring great reward on the Upper Owens River. Winter brings large migratory rainbows from Crowley Lake, however these fish are extremely wary and difficult to land. Light tippet and stealth tactics are required to connect.
No comments:
Post a Comment