Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ghost Shrimp


I was experimenting with some saltwater shrimp patterns today and I came up with this creature.  The fly is made up of random material floating around my tying table and I was fairly pleased with the result. Although, it seems like I tied the fly upside down now that I'm looking at the photo of my fly.  It will probably evolve as I tinker with it more.

Hook:  Gamakatsu SL11-3H (I tied this on a size 6)
Head:  Dazl-Eyes 5/32" Black
Mouthparts:
  Bottom; White Craft Fur (fuzzy end)
  Middle: Strands of ghost flash
  Top: White Z-lon
Body:   Pearl Blue Angel Hair (dubbed and tapered toward tail); Pink or orange glo-bug yard pulled over length of shank; Ribbed edge of sandwich bag cut to size and pulled over body like a wing casing.  Silver wire ribbed to re-enforce the body.
Tail:  Tag end of the sandwich bag (tapered at the eye of the hook so it doesn't fold the tail when tied off).  I just simply rounded the tail.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good you may want to make some with some orange and another with pink.

    ReplyDelete