Monday, May 20, 2013
Alone at Prado
Since I got off work at 8:00am, I returned to Prado Lake to scratch away the topwater itch. The lake was calm and glassy. Clouds were just beginning to burn off and the topwater bite only lasted about an hour before I had to fish subsurface. Considering that the lake was all to myself, I had expected the bass action to be more intense. Large clumps of algae floated on the lake's surface and the water had a unusual tint to it. Not thinking much of it at the time, I later asked a work buddy that used to control algae on lakes. He confirmed that my description sounded like a copper sulfate treatment.
The fishing was slow all morning and I called it quits around 1pm. Water temps in the upper water column was 75degrees according to the finder. It may be awhile before I return to this lake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment