Monday, May 27, 2013

My Happy Place


I took advantage of the three day Memorial day weekend and returned to my happy place with Erika.  Not much to say other than it was as beautiful as ever.  The river was not as low as I originally expected it to be either.  The water temperature was incredibly cold.  So cold.  Wet wading could only be tolerated in short bursts until I felt body parts turn to ice. The golden stoneflies were hatching as well as sulphur dun's and a blizzard hatch of midges just before sun-fall.  Most of my fish were caught on a size 10 golden rubber legged stimulator.   I suspect this fishery to be prime mid June- July. 























Setup the garage.  I think it will make a nice place to tie flies and drink some brews during a sierra storm.
I am returning for you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment