Sunday, June 2, 2013
Ouch!
Charles and I left for Perris at 5:15am to get on the topwater bite asap. The weather forecast was calling for hot and sunny conditions all day. By 5:45am the sun was already blazing with no cloud cover. I had a feeling it was going to be a tough day.
We fished the shallows and threw poppers most of the morning. Not a single bass came up for my fly. Charles had a handful of missed opportunities and eventually we switched to streamers. I rigged the 6wt with T3 Outbound sinktip. We switched flies several times and Charles finally got a take on his fugly fly. I tied on the swamp mutant bugger that I have success with at Prado lake. Eventually I got a hard take and hard fight from am angry foul hooked bluegill. Ouch!
If the fishing wasn't hard enough why should it end there? The trolling motor limped about halfway to the boat ramp until it basically died. About a quarter mile later we paddled and carried the lifeless pram to the parking lot. What a day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment