Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Frog Gurgler
I am anticipating more warm-water and salt-water fly fishing this year. It seems that my trout traveling funds will be limited more than I would like. On the bright side, I enjoy tying big ugly bass flies. This one was introduced to me last spring while fishing with Charles. The gurgler I tied last year was pretty simple and a little uglier. At least this one will sort of resemble something natural. This should be deadly when thrown off cattail infested banks around my local bass ponds.
Hook: Gamakatsu SP11-3L3H size 6
Body:Chartreuse crystal chenille. Rubber legs. 2mm green foam tied and folded over the top. I may double it over next time for higher floating. I added spots with a sharpie on top of the foam. The bass probably wont see it, but I can.
Tail: Chartreuse marabou and black crystal flash.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment