Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Dinks
It seems like my local fisheries are in trouble. Particularly those within a skipping stone away from the high density cities along the foothills. In merely a year, this rather well kept riparian habitat was somewhat pristine compared to what it has become. Graffiti and broken beer bottles now litter the creekside more than ever.
The rises were scattered and sparse despite a heavy bluewing olive and caddis hatch. This is the first caddis hatch I have seen this season. The caddis were roughly a size 18 with a tan body. I was fishing with a size 14 Skwala stonefly pattern that I have been tying for a upcoming trip. While there were no Skwala stones present, I did manage to catch a dink with my pattern.
I will be returning to scout the upper section of this creek tomorrow. Hopefully some of the champion sized trout have survived.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment