I took my new boat out at my local bass lake to test everything out. The boat is a used spring creek pram that Charles and Ed used for bay fishing nearly a decade ago. Since then it has been in storage awaiting it's return to the water. I am now the proud owner of it and it will see time on several lakes and bays throughout southern California.
The trolling motor is a old hand me down Minn Kota from Jesse Pinkerton of Fishing Alliance. The 27lb thrust was sufficient for small lakes like this and four hours on the water barely dented the battery life. The pram glided over the lake like a stealth bomber. The fishing itself was slow and all bumps felt like lazy short strikes on my streamer. The weather was cold and foggy and I will have to return as temperatures stabilize on this lake. Otherwise, the scenery was "bassey" and I saw a cooper's hawk kiting a young coot. I am hoping this lake will produce excellent topwater fishing during summer.
| An ugly creation of mine. |
| several short strikes occured near the bank. |
No comments:
Post a Comment