MVL crushed me like the T-101 at the end of Terminator 2. It simply destroyed me.. The lake seemed to tease me as wind followed me into every cove. The wind forced me to make blind casts since the water was too choppy for sight casting. I lost a chunky bass as it followed my fly right out of the water while I was foolishly repositioning my line. Meanwhile Charles became the MVL trout slayer of the day.
Today after work, I tied up some size 4 dumbbell eyed woolly bugger variants for Prado Lake tomorrow afternoon. A few of these have rubber leg skirts and some don't. I will try shad patterns as well, Since they are abundant in this lake. With little energy left from a rough week, I have just enough left in me to tie a handful of flies to get back up for another fight.
![]() |
| Charles at MVL. This is a pretty good beer btw. |

No comments:
Post a Comment